Cashews are dried fruit that is widely consumed throughout the world in the form of snacks. This is because of the high content of omega-3 alpha linolenic acid (ALA) and unsaturated oleic acid, as well as some other vitamins and minerals.
Although high in nutrients, cashew nuts are always associated with weight gain due to the high calorie content. However, that must be realized is a good benefit of cashew nuts for the body. As reported by Boldsky, following his review.
1. Cashews contain healthy fats that actually help lower cholesterol levels. These nuts are rich in antioxidants and keep your heart healthy.
2. Cashews are a rich source of protein and can help maintain energy levels throughout the day.
3. Cashews contain vitamin C, thiamine, vitamin B6, magnesium, zinc, copper, iron and potassium.
4. These nuts can help improve your mood because the cashew is a rich source of tryptophan which is one of the essential amino acids that produce serotonin, which is responsible for improving your mood.
5. Cashews improve the function of hormones and body metabolism and are ideal for maintaining a healthy weight.
6. Cashews have high fiber that can keep you full longer, reduce hunger. In fact, a study in 2014 published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition says cashews can suppress appetite, helping to eat less throughout the day.
7. Copper and iron in cashew nuts help the body in shaping and utilizing red blood cells, thereby maintaining healthy blood vessels, immune systems, and bones and supporting their proper functioning.
8. Cashews are also good for the eye because high levels of Lutein and Zeaksantin compounds protect the eyes from minor damage and reduce cataracts. Cashew Nuts and Weight One ounce of raw cashews contains 155 calories.